Friday, February 4, 2011

I caved...

Some of you may know, I have been without a water bottle for about a month now. Of course, this is no issue while at home, I use the the faucet water. No biggy. However, when I'm running errands or at work or school I have been buying (GASP!) plastic water bottles from the vending machines.

It's an awful way to spend money and contribute to waste. So I did what any man would do!!!! I BOUGHT A NEW WATER BOTTLE. Used just didn't seem appropriate. Not to mention, this Contigo 32oz is one hell of a water bottle. My first Contigo was given to me by Graham and it was love at first sight. 

Okay. Okay. Is my resolution over??? I mean I've bought a SHOVEL and now a WATER BOTTLE. What is happening to me!? I can't make excuses for myself as to the level of importance and why I may or may not have needed them. 


BUT. With regard to my new lime green Contigo 32ounce-er:
  • I will have this item for as long as it will last me-providing I don't lose it again
  • I will no longer be contributing to the Earth's waste and plastic use by purchasing water bottles
  • I bought it straight from Contigo via Amazon. 
So what do we think, blog readers? What's your opinion on my recent purchases?


5 comments:

  1. I'm very disappointed in your decision to buy this, and the shovel. You could have purchased a Gatorade bottle and used that. I have several water bottles here! I could have sent you one! Shovel???? Use your hands! They are free primitive tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beg, BORROW or steal, but BUY???? :( Did you check the thrift stores for a shovel. Let's get real with this challenge and show us your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    jk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used water bottles and shoveling with your hands??? That's preposterous! (Even though the comment about hands being primitive tools did make me laugh!)
    I applaud you for your ability to make logical decisions. You are doing a fantastic job, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A.K.J.
    We love your idea for this blog!!! Sorry, maybe my previous comment was a bit harsh, but don't quite now. Just start fresh. I'm sure I would have done the same as you if I were snowed in. Truthfully, I like your honesty. I'm still on the band wagon, hope you are too. ;) "http://www.bloglovin.com/m/2260165/180056304/f/102aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnRoZW1lYW5lc3Rtb20uYmxvZ3Nwb3QuY29tJTJGMjAxMSUyRjAyJTJGbXktc3ByYXktb24tbGlmZS5odG1s"
    J.R.B.

    ReplyDelete