Wednesday, April 13, 2011

100 days. Free of Nothing New.

Horoscope for today reads "...this is also a great day to buy new clothes."

Well it's not. And neither will the next  264 days.

I've received a lot of criticism from many of you for the lack of blog updates! I APOLOGIZE and appreciate your continued interest in my blog and resolution!!!!

As many of you are firmly aware, I'm in my last semester of graduate school and things are crazy. I spend lots of my days staring at the computer and quite frankly the last thing I ever feel like doing during my spare time is stare at the computer. Although, a friend did suggest I shift my Facebook use towards updating my blog more regularly...ugh. Point well taken. ( Thanks, Jake.)  Dare I reflect on the amount of time spent on Facebook? Nah. I'll save the embarrassment and shame for another day...

May 12th is graduation...and until then, don't expect another post.

First, I want to hash out the water bottle issue from February. Yes, I bought the new water bottle. However, I felt so damn guilty about it that I arranged with Samantha for her to buy it off of me and I took her old one. Wait. It gets better.  I lost that water bottle shortly after and then lost two after that..including the water bottle that is attached to my bike (I was getting desperate looking for water bottles). Finally--as in last week-- the sun peaked through the dark clouds and God hit me upside the head with a recycled glass water bottle  Okay, not exactly.

I give full credibility to my wonderful place of employment, The Greenheart Shop. We constantly are getting neat fair trade and/or eco friendly products for the store. Behold... the water bottle.

Moving on, I have done little, but amazing second-hand shopping. Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood has done me well! One of my favorites is a dress I made from a long shirt (I think it was meant to be worn with leggings? The slits up the sides were up to my hips.) I loved the print. I stitched up the sides, took off about three inches from the bottom and voila! Got me a dress! 

I went to Target yesterday (insert groan). I definitely walked through the clothing and shoe isles...and electronics. Initially, I felt jealousy---of all you young ladies who will be buying those clothes/items from Target. You all will look super cute too...and you will all look a like. Welp, guess I'll be looking a little different. Perhaps rockin' last year's Target (pronounced Tar-jay) trends. And I'm totally okay with that!! After jealousy came inspiration. The stroll through Target (you can go back to the English version) provided me with ideas of what I would like small summer wardrobe to look like. I love oversized t-shirts. There's a hint...

If I had to sum up the last 100 days in one word it would be: easy 

Seriously. At this point, I see myself adhering to the nothing new policy not only during 2011, but 2012 and beyond. I am shocked at the things I have found second-hand. I'm also super impressed with my ability to distinguish between what I want and what I need. That was always a struggle. I'm still learning and analyzing my thoughts/opinions on nothing new...

...and I'll elaborate more come May 13th. 




3 comments:

  1. you rock. see you[r next blog post] in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm tired.
    ditto to what Kim said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, so nice to have you back! Good luck with school, til then we'll be on the rethink trail!

    ReplyDelete