Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 is here. 362 Days to Go.

It hit me when the clock struck MIDNIGHT on January 1st. Actually, it was Samantha (twin sister) who reminded me of my resolution-which at that very moment officially began. I was jumping for joy "IT'S 20-11 IT'S 20-11!" and Sam looks at me, grabs my shoulder and says "you can't buy anything newwwwww." It was as though she was talking in slow motion. I stopped jumping and responded something a long the lines of OH MY GOD. 


Part of me wants to ask myself....what have I gotten myself into- how the hell am I going to pull this off!? Then, I was reminded on New Years Eve of the support I have from those who have read my blog! It was refreshing to talk about it to fellow party people and it reminds me again why I'm choosing to do this. 

I've had my first personal let down. I went to a resale shop on the 30th and bought a cover-jacket to wear on NYE. It's black, gold, and a whopping $3. Of course this item desperately needed my help coming to form. So, before I went to work (on NYE day) I quickly altered my new find and it was ready to go for show that night. Well, at 10:45pm I was let off of work and was not in the mood to change and prep for an evening out. My goal was to hurry and get out to the suburbs and make it before midnight. Needless to say, I didn't wear my jacket. Looking back, it would have been a great way to bring in the New Year with my newly purchased used, altered, $3- cover jacket. (Alex, you idiot.) On the other hand, it shall be worn in the near future! And, I've already had a request for a lending! SCORE. To remind you- that's a huge part of my resolution: to borrow from close friends and family. It works vice versa. I'll lend you what I've got too-providing you give it back of course. 


Also, as a suggestion from another friend (Kelsey), I will be posting pictures of the clothing items I create (including the NYE jacket) as well as other used items I find. (Thank you Kels!!)


The beginning is here. I'm taking it day-by-day. Two fully down. 362 1/2 days to go!


Feeling ready.

4 comments:

  1. Love the blog! Very creative idea and makes me feel inspired to reuse, reuse, reuse! (fyi..I found this blog via my friend Dayna C.) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo! How exciting. You'll do great this year Alex (and I can just HEAR you saying, "OH MY GOD"). Oh, and I'm super excited you put the disclaimer on plane tickets, whew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to see how well you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh and also, http://sisters4saymoreismore.blogspot.com/ this blog is kinda of dorky - but these girls have some easy sewing projects - taking cheap/old clothes and revamping them. if you needed any ideas!!

    ReplyDelete